Vitamin C, also called ascorbic acid, is one of the best known and most used vitamins in food supplements. It is a water-soluble vitamin, which the body does not know neither store nor manufacture, and that needs to be taken daily through food.
She takes part in many actions within the organization:
- Has an action antioxidant allowing it to neutralize the free radicals responsible for the premature aging of our cells.
- Contribute to strengthening the immune system.
- Promotes the formation of collagen, a protein essential for building and restoring tissues such as the skin, teeth, muscles, blood vessels, etc. thus delaying their aging.
- Indispensable for the synthesis of dopamine and thus has a stimulating and "anti-fatigue" action.
- Promotes digestive absorption of iron essential for the formation of red blood cells.
As vitamin C is very sensitive to heat and light, it is mainly found in raw fruits and vegetables and especially in kiwi fruit, citrus fruits, peppers and parsley.
The first research on vitamin C was carried out thanks to James Lindt in the XNUMXth century. This doctor embarks on a sea crossing of several weeks. However, due to a diet poor in fresh fruits and vegetables and harsh living conditions, several sailors are the target of a problem well known to navigators: scurvy, resulting in bleeding and a state of extreme fatigue. The doctor then tries an experiment by administering daily doses of lemon to the patients, who in a few days are restored!
COMPLEMENTATION & CONTRAINDICATION:
Vitamin C needs are increased in athletes, pregnant or lactating women, smokers, the elderly, diabetics, people subjected to chronic stress ...
INGREDIENTS PRESENT IN OUR GUMMIES: